It’s fair to say that we work in an industry that requires constant learning and the need to improve our knowledge across a variety of areas on a regular basis.
There have been many events over the last month either industry or business focused that Travellers Choice members and staff have attended with the intention of improving their knowledge, sharing with colleagues and ensuring their business continues to thrive.
Cruise Lines International Association’s (CLIA) Cruise360 is the largest cruise industry conference in the southern hemisphere and attracts over 500 national and international delegates. It’s the biggest professional development event of the year with a clear focus on cruise, and this year’s event included a ship inspection of Carnival Spirit and a Cruise Destination Showcase seminar session hosted by CLIA’s Executive Partners.
During the one-day conference, delegates heard keynote presentations from cruise line head as well as latest industry trends such as:
- Generation Cruise – helping agents understand the changing demographic of cruise passengers and what cruise lines are doing to appeal to these passengers.
- Reputation Management – providing practical advice on how to tackle customer concerns and address some cruise myths.
- Does Size Matter – focussing on the growth of the small ship sector and the opportunities for cruise agents.
- How to make the most of your partnership with the cruise lines – maximising the relationship between agents and cruise lines to help grow cruise sales.
Travel DAZE is a purposefully mischievous summit for the industry’s lateral thinkers, executive go-getters and super smart marketers, with our own MD Christian Hunter presenting last year. With a theme this year of ‘Kick Arse’, there was a clear focus on topics such as:
- Do you have competitors? This event will help you kick their arse.
- Mystified by tech? Travel DAZE will tell you which kick arse technology you need.
- Wrangling with your strategic direction? Engage in niche streams with opportunities for intimate Q&A sessions.
Member Mentoring Program
With an abundance of knowledge and expertise across our network, and a keenness amongst members to share and support fellow members, we were delighted to officially launch the new Travellers Choice Member Mentoring Program this month. This is your opportunity to get involved and help shape an exceptional future for each other.
Words by Nicola Strudwick, General Manager Sales